There is not an exact dosage of colloidal silver. Below are some guidelines for amounts to give for treating some kind of health condition- however, colloidal silver is not dose specific as some other information I have seen on the internet seems to make you think it is. When your pet is dealing with an acute condition they can have much higher doses of the silver for short term for helping to cure something specific with no ill effects.
2 lbs to 10 lbs - 1 tsp - or half of 10ml syringe two to three times a day for 2 weeks or more
11 lbs to 25 lbs - 1 1/3 tsp
26 lbs to 40 lbs - 2 tsp or 10 ml (one syringe) two to three times a day for 2 weeks or more
41lbs to 55 lbs - 2 1/2 tsp
56 lbs to 80 lbs - 3 tsp, two to three times a day for 2 weeks or more
81 lbs to 100 lbs - 3 1/2 tsp, two to three times a day for 2 weeks or more
101 lbs to 150 lbs - 4 tsp, two to three times a day for for 2 weeks or more
151 lbs to 200+ - 4 tsp, (2 syringeful) two to three times a day for for 2 weeks or more
For people I recommend for maintenance use an ounce two times a day. I take it after brushing my teeth. About an ounce in my mouth after brushing. Swish around for a minute or two and then shallow.
99 Amazing Uses For Colloidal Silver
- Use it yourself for immune boosting as well-everyone knows by now that small amounts of colloidal silver can be ingested daily to boost immunity, or to rapidly and effectively heal bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- Add to fish tanks for keeping fish healthy
- Keeps plaque off teeth for people and pets
- Spray on hot-spots on dogs for instant relief and healing
- Mix with vinegar and essential oils to repel fleas
- Can be given to sick animals straight - just put in water bowl and allow them to drink. Make CS available, they will drink what they need. You can provide them with unlimited CS. without concern.
- Cancer- can be given to help with getting cancer in remission given in high doses.
- Helps relieve cystitis and urinary tract infections
- Feline Herpes ( other types of human herpes as well)
- You can put a few drops in your eyes to eliminate stys, Pink Eye and other eye infections virtually overnight.
- You can put a few drops in your ears to eliminate earaches in a single day or two
- You can spray it on cuts and scrapes to prevent infection and stimulate rapid healing
- You can spray it on burns to soothe the skin and stimulate rapid healing
- You can spray it on shingles infections to quickly relieve the pain and trigger rapid healing
- You can spray it on insect bites to soothe and relieve the pain, and help prevent infection from setting in
- Use it for even serious infections like MRSA or Swine Flu (see http://www.colloidalsilvercuresmrsa.com and http://www.colloidalsilverkillsviruses.com
- Colloidal silver can also be used topically on cuts, burns and abrasions to stop infection dead in its tracks and to dramatically stimulate the healing process.
- It can be sniffed up the nose to stop pesky sinus infections like magic…it can be gargled with to stop nasty sore throats …or it can be inhaled into the lungs using a pump spray bottle to stop even the most serious of lung infections.
- Add to suspected drinking water when traveling or camping.
- Silver-sprayed burns heal rapidly without scarring.
- Safely sterilize anything from toothbrushes to surgical instruments.
- Use topically on cuts, wounds, abrasions, rashes, sunburn, insect bites, razor nicks and bandages.
- Spray on garbage to prevent decay odors.
- Mist kitchen sponges
- Use on towels
- Spray on cutting boards to eliminate E. Coli and salmonella bacteria to prevent food poisoning
- Helps gastrointestinal inflammation
- Add when canning, preserving or bottling.
- Use like peroxide on zits and acne.
- Add to juices to last longer
- Add to milk to prevent spoiling, fermenting, deteriorating, clabbering or curdling.
- Spray in shoes and between toes to stop most skin itch, athletes foot and fungi.
- Diminish dandruff- add to your shampoo
- Spray on psoriasis, skin rashes, etc.
- Add to bath water, gargle,
- Douches with it for vaginal infections, yeast etc.
- Use for colon irrigation
- Great nasal spray for sinus infections.
- Add to your dental water-pic solutions.
- Cuts downtime dramatically from colds, flu, pneumonia, staph, strep, respiratory infections and rhino viruses.
- Skin itch, eye irritation or infection (dilute a small amount with an equal amount of distilled water for eye use) and ear infections (warm slightly first)
- some moles and warts vanish (put on bandaid pad and wear on wart overnight each night until gone).
- Use with Q-tips on fingernail, toenail, and ear fungi.
- Can impede tooth decay and bad breath.
- Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, Colloidal Silver never permits strain-resistant pathogens to evolve.
- Toothaches, mouth sores, bacterial irritations are diminished.
- Soak dentures.
- Spray refrigerator, freezer and food storage bin interiors.
- Mix in postage stamp, envelope, and tape moistening wells, paint and paste pots to prevent bacterial growth, odors, spoiling or souring.
- Add to water-based paints, wallpaper paste, dishwater, cleaning and mopping solutions, etc. Spray pet bedding and let dry.
- Spray on top of contents of opened jam, jelly, and condiment containers and inside lids before replacing.
- Mix a little in pet water, birdbaths, cut flower vases to keep water fresh and long lasting
- Add to swamp cooler water.
- Spray air conditioner filters after cleaning.
- Swab air ducts and vents to prevent breeding sites for germs.
- Use routinely in laundry final rinse water and always before packing away seasonal clothes. Damp clothes or towels and washcloths will not sour or mildew.
- Eliminate unwanted microorganisms in planter soils and hydroponics systems.
- Spray plant foliage to stop fungi, molds, rot, powdery mildew and most plant diseases.
- Silver is an excellent plant-growth stimulator.
- Treat pools, fountains, humidifiers, Jacuzzis, hot tubs, baths, dishwashers, re-circulating cooling tower water, gymnasium foot dips, and bath and shower mats.
- Spray inside shoes, watch bands and gloves and under fingernails periodically.
- Treat shower stalls, tubs, fonts, animal watering troughs, shavers to avoid trading germs.
- Rinse fruit and vegetables before storing or using.
- Put in cooking water.
- Add to human and animal shampoos and they become disinfectants.
- Spray on carpets as an anti-bacterial
- Spray on drapes and wallpaper to keep from mildewing.
- Wipe telephone mouthpieces, pipe stems, headphones, hearing aids, eyeglass frames etc.
- Disinfecting hairbrushes, combs and loofas.
- Excellent for diapers and diaper rash. Do toilet seats, bowls, tile floors, sinks, urinals, door knobs.
- Kills persistent odors.
- Rinse invalid's pillowcases, sheets, towels and bedclothes.
- You can drink a few teaspoons full a day to prevent infections if prone to them
- You can drink several ounces at a time to rapidly eliminate food poisoning or other “tummy bugs”.
- . You can brush your teeth with it to prevent decay and bacterial plaque buildup
- You can put it into a spray bottle and “huff” it deeply into your lungs to help quickly heal nasty upper respiratory infections (or use a nebulizer).
- You can soak your feet in it to eliminate athlete’s foot and toenail fungus (or wear socks soaked in CS). Or put it on a cotton ball, place on toenail, cover with a finger cot and sleep with it overnight
- You can lightly spray it on your hair after washing and drying, to eliminate dandruff. (Dr. Balch says many cases of dandruff are simply topical Candida Yeast infections; and silver is astonishingly effective against this fungus.)
- Drinking Water Dispensers – The reservoir or holding tank in your bottled drinking water dispenser is largely unseen, and can easily become contaminated with bacteria or mold. To help prevent this potentially serious problem, add 1 tblsp. of colloidal silver per gallon of water each time you change bottles.
- Food Leftovers – Food poisoning is serious business. Thousands of Americans die from it every year. Restaurant leftovers are particularly susceptible to bacterial contamination, especially if the food sat in the car very long after leaving the restaurant. Use a pump spray bottle to lightly spray leftovers with colloidal silver, to keep them fresh longer. This works well for leftover pet foods, and household leftovers, too.
- Canning and Preserves – To prevent mold and fermentation when canning and making preserves, simply add 1 tsp. of colloidal silver per quart to your jars before sealing.
- Underneath Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks – Lightly spray colloidal silver under your kitchen and bathroom sinks, to prevent mold and mildew, and to disinfect and eliminate musty smells. Be sure to ventilate and let dry thoroughly.
- Steaming Floors- We have a steamer that we steam our floors with every 2 weeks. Especially because we have raw fed dogs that drag bones around once in a while. It kills bacteria and even flea larva on carpets if you have cats or dogs harboring fleas.
- Mopping – Even well-rinsed mops can harbor bacterial and mold, which you can inadvertently spread all over your floors when mopping. Help keep your mop free from potentially harmful microbial growth by adding ½ cup of colloidal silver to your mop water as a safe, powerful antimicrobial.
- Toilet Bowls and Tanks – Toilet tanks can harbor a plethora of pathogens, which in turn will contaminate your toilet bowl. You can easily disinfect both by adding a cup of colloidal silver inside the toilet tank once a week.
- Toilet Seats and Handles – These are probably the most bacterially contaminated surfaces in your entire house. Between regular cleanings, lightly spray colloidal silver onto toilet seats and handles in order to prevent excessive microbial buildup. Allow it to air dry.
- The Floor Around Your Toilets – It is likely that the floor around the toilets in your home harbor more bacteria and other pathogens than any other visible surface in the house. After all, every time you flush your toilet, many thousands of extremely fine droplets of toilet water are sprayed up into the air in an invisible mist. These droplets fall to the ground, and can harbor millions of intestinal bacteria. To prevent excessive bacterial buildup on the floors around your toilet, lightly spray colloidal silver onto the floor around busy toilets in between your regular cleanings. Allow it to air dry.
- Toilet Brushes – Have you ever found one of your young children sitting on the bathroom floor playing with the toilet brush? Yecch. You’d be hard-pressed to find a bathroom implement with more germs on it. Be sure to disinfect your toilet brushes after each use by spraying them thoroughly with colloidal silver. Do the same thing every time you clean your bathrooms.
- Bathroom Plunger – Like your toilet brush, your bathroom plunger is probably rife with invisible microbial growth. Simply spraying the plunger with colloidal silver after each use, and during your normal bathroom cleaning, will go a long way toward stopping the spread of microbes in your bathrooms.
- Jacuzzis and Hot Tubs – Many forms of bacteria and mold are becoming resistant to chlorine and bromine. You can enhance the antibacterial and antifungal effectiveness of either of these popular disinfectants simply by adding a small amount of colloidal silver to your Jacuzzi or hot tub once a week. Just add 1 tblsp per gallon of water. Many hot tub owners go completely chlorine and bromine-free simply by adding a half gallon of homemade colloidal silver to their Jacuzzi or hot tub, and then adding a quart a week afterwards. It works like a charm, and unlike harsh pool chemicals, it’s great for the skin!
- Kitchen and Bathroom Sponges – Kitchen and bathroom sponges are notorious bacterial vectors, so be extra sure to spray them with colloidal silver after each use, especially in warm or humid weather.
- Kitchen Cutting Boards – The debate has raged for several decades now over which type of cutting board harbors more bacteria – wood or plastic. Thanks to colloidal silver, you won’t have to worry about either. Just wash and rinse your cutting board as usual after each use, then spray lightly with colloidal silver and allow it to air dry.
- Mold on Walls and Ceilings – Mold is a common and potentially dangerous problem in homes, particularly in humid and coastal areas. To dramatically retard the growth of mold and mildew in your home, lightly spray colloidal silver onto the walls and ceilings in your bathroom, basement or other rooms where mold growth is a problem, particularly in corners and along seam lines where the walls and ceiling meet. Ventilate these areas to allow the colloidal silver to dry. Repeat weekly where necessary. It works like a charm!
- Counter Tops – Countertops in your home can harbor far more bacteria than you may think, even if you clean them frequently. But you can alleviate this problem simply by spraying them lightly with colloidal silver and allowing them to air dry, or by wiping them with a cloth that has been soaked in colloidal silver, and wait six minutes before drying with a dry towel.
- Door Knobs and Other Contact Surfaces – Similarly, you can spray colloidal silver lightly on your door knobs and other contact surfaces, in order to reduce the buildup and spread of microbes throughout your home.
- Toothbrush – We’ve often stated that next to your kitchen can opener, your toothbrush is probably the filthiest implement in your home, in terms of the potential for microbial contamination. Of course, cleaning and rinsing your toothbrush after each use alleviates a large part of this problem. Go one step further by lightly spraying the bristles and handle with colloidal silver after each usage, and microbial overgrowth will never be a worry again.
- Kitchen Can Opener – Several studies have shown that the can opener is generally the #1 filthiest implement in your house. That’s why regular cleaning of the handle and rotary blade is a must, and why most kitchen can openers allow for the handle and rotary blade to be easily removed for cleaning. After cleaning and drying you can go one step further by lightly spraying the handle and rotary blade with colloidal silver, and allowing it to air dry before reattaching it to the mainframe.
- Water Pic or Other Oral Irrigator – To prevent bacterial buildup in your oral irrigator, and to help further limit bacterial and plaque buildup around your teeth and gums, add 15 to 30 drops of colloidal silver to the reservoir of your oral irrigator every time you use it.
You'll find that a spray or misting bottle of Colloidal Silver solution may be the most useful health enhancement tool in your environment. There are literally thousands of other essential uses for this odorless, nearly tasteless and colorless, totally benign, powerful, non-toxic antimicrobial healing agent.
Whenever someone in your household has a cold or flu, it’s definitely prudent to use a good, liquid antimicrobial soap as a topical disinfectant whenever you wash your hands, and then add an antimicrobial gel to your hands after washing them, for added protection throughout the day.
Because as the experts are constantly pointing out, hand-to-hand spread of viruses and germs are the most common route of infection. So washing with liquid antimicrobial soap, and afterwards adding a good antimicrobial gel to your hands will give you some serious protection when you’re around anyone who is sickly. Instead of using chemical antimicrobial soap- just get a good organic or natural liquid soap in a pump dispenser bottle and add colloidal silver.
I like to purchase organic soaps that come in a pump dispenser bottle, because you can easily remove the lid, add an ounce or two colloidal silver (about two tablespoons per each four ounces of soap), then put the lid back on and shake it well until the colloidal silver is thoroughly mixed into the soap. This adds some serious antimicrobial fire-power to your organic soap. I do the same with dish soap.
Topical Gels With Colloidal Silver
You can make a colloidal silver gel. Mix half and half with a good aloe vera gel. You can use on cuts scrapes etc. or just rub the gel onto your hands for a nice disinfectant gel. You have the added protection of silver for hours on end to help stop viruses and bacteria from living on your hands and being spread by touch to your eyes, ears, nose or mouth. In short, by using a good silver-based topical disinfectant gel at least several times a day (three or four times a day is preferable), you can dramatically decrease the spread of pathogens in your household, or at work. You protect yourself, and everyone around you, if you are concerned about spreading germs for any reason.