10 HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES TO HAVE ON HAND
Homeopathic medicine for pets is a holistic treatment using natural substances to stimulate their innate healing ability. Same for people homeopathy can be used to treat a wide range of certain health concerns, from skin conditions to bee stings, wounds or pain. Homeopathy's focus is on treating the whole animal with remedies that are specific, gentle and sympathetic to the dog or cat's needs.
It is based on very refined dilution of herbs, minerals and other natural substances, and can be a great alternative treatment option for pets.
Homeopathy views symptoms as the body's attempt to fight infection and/or adapt to stress.
Symptoms are viewed as the signature of that disease, rather than seen as a separate 'thing' to be suppressed and gotten rid of.
Homeopathic practitioners seek to work WITH these symptoms rather than against them by finding the right remedy which mimics the body's symptoms, thereby stimulating the natural immune response to the disease itself.
Homeopathy is based on the principle that "like cures like" or the Law of Similars. Which means basically that a substance that in large amounts causes certain symptoms in a healthy dog or cat can be used in small amounts to cure those same symptoms in a sick pet.
We recommend having a holistic first aid kit with at least these top 10 homeopathic remedies for pets. These following first aid remedies have proved very useful for pets.
Homeopathy is a very safe, effective, and often quick way to alleviate a wide range of your pet's symptoms when they are not feeling right.
Use homeopathy to treat many health concerns without the side-effects of drugs.
These are some common homeopathic remedies for pets:
- Calendula: Minor wounds in general
- Aconite: Shock
- Apis: Bee stings or insect bites
- Arnica: Muscle pain
- Hypericum: Deep puncture wounds. Cuts with jagged edges
- Rhus Tox: Bumpy, itchy rash. General musculoskeletal injuries, red swollen eyes, skin infections and skin itching. Arthritic pain
- Euphrasia: Eye issues, such as red, itchy weepy eyes
- Ledum: The first choice for any type of puncture wound
- Hep sulph: Abscesses anywhere on the body; painful, infected anal glands
- Thuja: Disorders that affect the skin, including warts, rashes, eruptions, cysts, and tumors- also given to help after vaccination
Dosing your Pet
The homeopathic remedy in its liquid form can help with a wide range of everyday problems. The dose is irrespective of the breed, age or size of the animal. For all the remedies:
Give the appropriate remedy of 30c in the mouth. Continue to use other healing methods as well.
- For Acute problems 3-5 drops every 2-3 hours until the symptoms start to resolve then 2-3 times a day until better.
- For Chronic illness give 3- 5 drops 2 or 3 x daily