Our Holistic Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs 100% natural flea control and tick treatment made with colloidal silver, apple cider vinegar, neem oil & organic essential oils of cedar wood, peppermint and geranium.
This spray is a homemade flea spray I have been making over the years for my own dogs whenever there has been an issue with fleas or ticks.
I had tried all the other 'natural' flea and tick sprays on the market and didn't get as good of results as I have with my own natural and organic flea spray. Many of my customers ask me about it when they read about my natural flea and tick protocol so I decided to offer it here after many requests. Please let me know how it works for your dog.
This is a totally natural combination that can kill and repel if used often even when there is a need - (Can be used daily during a flea outbreak)
Our flea and tick spray is will protect all dog breeds and even safe for puppies but not for cats (Cats can be sensitive to some essential oils - this might be too strong for cats)
Works as a Repellent for:
- and other Stinging Insects
Comes in a 32 oz. bottle with Pump Sprayer
This holistic flea control remedy can help to block a specific neurotransmitter in insects,which regulates their nervous system and allows them to function. When exposed to these botanical ingredients insects – including fleas, ticks, mosquitoes & flies –they lose their ability to function… and will die.
It is a blend of 100% totally natural ingredients & plant extracts. No added chemical emulsifiers that I see in other natural sprays.
Made in Oregon USA with local ingredients, our Holistic Flea and Tick spray is carefully, hand made to human grade standards.
Colloidal silver, neem oil, apple cider vinegar with Juniperus Virginiana cedar oil, organic rose geranium oil and peppermint oil plus natural & organic emulsifiers
Holistic Flea & Tick Spray is an oil-in-water solution that you spray on your pet. Holistic Flea & Tick Spray is a healthy, convenient, natural product made to the same standards as if it were for human use.
Use as often as needed, depending on your pet’s outdoor activities, spray liberally but not to the point of saturation. Begin spraying your pet at the tail and continue with the entire coat, including legs and under body. Then pamper your pet by hand fluffing the fur in the opposite direction it normally lays to assure penetration to the skin.
Juniperus Virginiana, a red cedar species of cypress family plant, is an very effective natural insect repellent. It has been used for many decades to repel insects. Even small amounts can deter insects. The strong aroma overwhelms fleas. The lingering aroma of Juniperus Virginiana Oil is a pheromone interruptor that can completely throw off the mental capacity of non-beneficial insects, it has no effect on beneficial insects such as lady bugs, honey bees, lizards, earth worms, butterflies, and toads. It is safe for large and small animals, people and children.
Rose geranium oil prevents ticks from detecting your dog's presence. A tick’s front legs possess organs that perceive odor, carbon dioxide, temperature, and movement. This is what can tell a tick when a host is approaching. However, rose geranium oil masks your dog's scent! It can also be used to repel fleas.
Unlike the toxic chemical brand name pesticides, our “mode of action” for killing fleas and ticks is NOT through the product entering your pet’s blood stream. Instead, Holistic Flea & Tick Spray Kills fleas and ticks on contact, then is absorbed into the animal’s hair follicles like thousands of tiny wicks to create a no-entry barrier to insects.
You can eliminate harmful fleas & ticks without harming your Furkids - We do recommend the natural flea prevention protocol below as well however. There is no spray alone that is going to take care of a flea and tick invasion. It will require more work on your part to be perfectly candid.
A natural and holistic flea and tick protocol is more intensive to be sure then just giving a monthly pill or spot on treatment. There is a certain amount of work that it takes to rid your pets and home of fleas once they appear. Here are our full recommendations for natural flea control:
- Feed a raw species-appropriate diet. See more info here about the raw food diet.
- Remove all chemical pesticides, chemical fertilizers, all toxic cleaners – stop using spot on topical or flea pills.( these not only have toxic side effects they also lower their vibration and make them more susceptible to pests in the long run)
- Stop vaccinating your pets and wean off all pharmaceutical drugs. More info on vaccination.
- Give organic garlic every day. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before adding it to your dog’s meal. A large dog can eat two decent-sized cloves of garlic daily while a small dog or cat can have one small clove.
- Add B-Vitamin supplements to their diet- nutritional yeast is a popular form. Add 1 t. to 1 tablespoon to food once per day depending on size of dog.
- Adding apple cider vinegar about I - 2 tablespoon to their bowl daily seems to deter fleas due to the fact fleas do not like it!
- Bath your dog frequently when fleas are present. See above recipe- always use a non-detergent shampoo like a Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap-or an organic dog shampoo if you don't have time to make your own.
- Use our Holistic spray or another cedar essential oil spray or the make your own. Use After the bath and before going out to the dog park or hikes.
- Essential oils that help for dogs: Lemongrass, rosemary, cedar, geranium oil for ticks. Mix with a carrier oil and apply to their collars, bandana, wipe them down with it before going out to tick and flea infested areas. Take the collar off after returning home so dog doesn't have to inhale essential oils all day.
- Vacuum your house and pet’s living quarters daily if possible- wash the pet’s bedding regularly
- Sprinkle carpets with borax, salt or baking soda and let set for 2-3 days or so before you vacuum it up to kill the fleas. If you have carpets shampoo your carpets with 20 MuleTeam Borax added to the water. (Rent a shampooer for this unless you own one)
- Diatomaceous earth is best used outside around yard in cracks and crevices. Just Sprinkle the DE powder where fleas are usually found. This could be in the grass in your yard, your carpets in your home or even the areas where your pets sleep and play.
- Purchase a batch of nematodes for the yard area -Beneficial Nematodes Are live microscopic organisms (non-segmented round worms) that occur naturally in soil everywhere..